View Single Post
Old 07-05-2006, 12:32 AM   #114
Tevildo
Shade of Carn Dûm

Tevildo has just left Hobbiton.
Tollers tries to help....

All Tollers' thoughts of moving furniture, of finding the owners of lost ponies, and even of spending the afternoon fishing had quietly vanished, at least for the moment. He wasn't sure what to do. The young hobbit had no special skills as a healer, and he hoped that Gable would find someone who did.

But, for right now, Tollers thought the best thing he could do would be to calm everyone down. First, he glanced over at Will to make sure he was still breathing. Then he took Primrose's hand in his and gently began reassuring her. "'Tis all right, Miz Primrose. Help is coming. Gable's gone to get someone. They'll have you patched up straight away, and you'll be back cooking those nice little pastries. And don't you worry your head about Will. He's just winded, I do believe. Nothin' more serious than that. He'll be up and about in no time." Tollers decided he'd better not mention that Will's left wrist was not looking too good as this would only give the injured lass even more to worry about.

Instead, he squeezed Primrose's hand ever tighter and talked reassuringly. "I hope your leg doesn't hurt too much. You are a brave, brave lass to wait here quietly and scarcely be making any fuss at all. If it was me, I'd be fussing and fuming and screeching so that every hobbit from here to Brandy Hall would think that the Marish had been invaded by wicked goblins."

Tollers was absolutely calm and encouraging on the outside, but on the inside he was gradually beginning to panic......

Gable had better hurry. I'm completely useless at things like this. Prim can be a hard nosed lass, but I would hate to see her hurt, and poor Master Will is looking rather green. Plus, if Prim can't do her work in the kitchen tonight, I'm apt to be spending a good deal longer there than even Master Dick expected or wanted.

With that sobering realization, Tollers rolled his eyes sideways and peered frantically at the front door of the Perch, hoping that someone would soon materialize and come to help.

Last edited by Tevildo; 07-05-2006 at 12:40 AM.