View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 12:22 AM   #117
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
needing a little pick-me-up...

I believe whole-heartedly that the color blue should go to the Shire. Not just any blue, but every blue. The blue of the sky on a fall afternoon, when the failing sun saturates the shade with unreplicable brilliance... The blue of the early morning, before the sun rises, and the only real illumination is the stars... when that blue, so nearly black, is visable in the pre-dawn sky, and you can't help but shiver at the cold air of a day not yet come, but you await the sunrise eagerly, because when that blue is in the sky, you know that day shall come again. You know that anything is possible, and that all it takes is a little more patience, and miracles can happen. When that blue is in the sky, you know that a sunrise is near.

The blue of the ocean on a cold and windy day, when the waves are capped with white, and you can't see beneath the surface... that is the blue of fear. You cannot tell what lies in wait beneath the chaotic organization of one wave at a time... and yet you can't help but wonder, and imagine. You place your trust in whichever boat, or plane, or anything, that you are held by, and you hold your breath and you wonder. And when the whales break the surface, and you gasp in awe... that is the blue of amazement.

And my favorite color isn't even blue... I prefer green.
Feanor of the Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote