View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 02:56 PM   #224
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Aman

Passing by Crystal, two pints in each hand, held above her head to stop her spilling them on anyone, Aman bumped into the other woman as she passed, and heard the woman's words.

"Hi Adu. This is Arthur Newson, better known as Arty. He's the boy I thought Dorian killed. But he didn't!"

Aman's eyebrows shot up but she gave a small whoop of laughter. "Gracious me, sounds like celebrations are in order, Crystal!" she said gleefully as the woman turned to beam at her happily. The handsome young man beside Crystal draped his arm across the back of her chair casually, looking up at Aman with a clear, direct gaze, his eyes dark and kindly, flashing with some sort of mystery, as if he knew something that the Innkeeper didn't.

"Two pints please, Aman," Crystal asked politely.

"Two? Nay, doesn't seem to me that coming back from the dead is something that happens ever day. Pints all around, and on me!" Aman was in good humour and feeling generous - and besides, the Inn was very busy tonight, and she was kept busy. The atmosphere was cosy rather than oppressive, as it so often was at the Dragon, and snatches of music and stories flitted around the Innkeeper from all directions as she wove through the croweded Common Room, depositing her drinks and picking up new orders as she went, and such was the atmosphere that Aman wouldn't be surprised if there was dancing before the night was out. Pulling a few drinks, she deftly served the few new customers at the bar and darted back across to Crystal, gracefully off-loading the pints on the table to Crystal and those around her. She winked at Arty as he picked up his pint. "I've heard a fair amount about you, sir!" she said in a stage whisper. The man laughed and Crystal blushed a little, giving Aman a playful glare. She was still beaming away though, and her hands lay on the table close to Arty's. Aman couldn't resist.

"Will you be staying a night or so, Mr Arthur?" she inquired politely, then continued, "And, sorry, I can't help asking - how is it that Crystal mistook you for dead? If you don't mind my asking, of course," she added quickly, so as not to appear brazen or rude.