View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 06:24 AM   #22
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zigûr View Post
At the risk of being pedantic, for which I apologise in advance, is it ever stated anywhere that Radagast specifically was a White Council member? Aren't the only absolutely one hundred percent confirmed White Council members Saruman, Gandalf, Elrond, Galadriel and Círdan?
I must confess I am not sure if Radagast is ever specifically mentioned. I am at least sure he is never mentioned by name, but I am not sure whether there isn't something along the lines of "all Istari were members of the Council..." or something of such sort. In any case, when you are reading the things related to the Council (especially in the UT), it seems to me to give the strong impression that Radagast is counted among those (or, that it makes much more sense to count him in than to count him out). Especially since much of the Council's activity (its formation, among the most important things) revolve around Dol Guldur/Mirkwood - the whole "Watchful Peace" period etc. seem like Radagast could, or even should, play a role there (again, for the same reasons as I have stated above).

Quote:
I'm not sure to be honest; I'd just heard it mentioned regarding the footage of the Gandalf and Radagast subplot that they go to a "Ringwraith tomb" and that Galadriel in one scene says something about the Witch-King and the other Wraiths being "sealed away" by the Dúnedain of the North or something to that effect. If this explanation is indeed given in the film it certainly raises the question of how they explain Minas Morgul being captured if the Black Captain spent about one thousand years stuck in a tomb...
Uh-huh. I hope it is just a rumor... Though of course, at this point, Gandalf and everyone can be pretty well misinformed about the fate of the Ringwraith (after all, they did think they were gone). I am just not sure if PJ is clever enough to realise it and make such a clever "double-trick" subplot out of it...
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote