View Single Post
Old 01-10-2002, 11:08 AM   #5
Enkanowen
Haunting Spirit

Enkanowen has just left Hobbiton.
Question

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR>Originally posted by Telchar:<BR><STRONG>Basically every mood and caracter and location in the movie is misinterpreted... (just an opinion)</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>To reply to this, it is personal opinion of course. BUT i most certainly do believe in acknowledging talent even though one did not like the outcome. If the entire movie was misinterpreting the book, most likely it would have gone the way of the animated version and would be hated ever since. Of course certain changes have to be made to accomodate the movie concept. A book can NEVER be completely made into what it is<BR>, it is impossible. It would be a 15 hour movie. A lot of people don;t understand that it is not THEIR vision of the book that has been made into the movie, even though of couse those visions have been taken into account, ultimately it is Peter Jackson's vision of the books. And I most certainly believe he did a great job trying to stay true to the book. Of course there are parts where everyone says 'Oh but I wouldnt have done it like that' or 'I imagined it differently'. Thing is, he was close enough to the essence of the book and I most certainly do not think any of us could be able to make the book into an awesome movie. That's all I have to say before I ramble on.
Enkanowen is offline   Reply With Quote