View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 12:48 AM   #3
mormegil
Maundering Mage

mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.mormegil is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The greatest part of this sequence is the music score. It is truly brilliant and sets the tone rather well.

For myself I rather liked the W-K perking up a bit when Frodo took out the ring. I think it showed his (W-K) relationship to the ring. He had been calling for it and now it was within his 'sight' so to speak. I think it's logical for him to glance Frodo's way or to sense the ring.

Now it does seem that Isengard has undertaken a radical transformation but really, in my opinion, the only change is the topical landscape. In other words the land has been nearly stripped or all its vegitation thereby showing the pits that existed but were covered from the ariel view by the trees. With that thick of foilage it would be difficult to spot from the ground. Saruaman seemingly had many common orcs in his service and we see that in the last sequence and further in this.

One problem I do have is that the Ring Wraiths catch on fire, I think it's three of them. Now wouldn't they be more or less unclothed and have no physical form? Yet they are reclothed rather quickly to catch up with Frodo later on because it is all nine that we see at the fords later on.

While I like this sequence generally and I think it moves the story along nicely I would have proposed a different way of fighting off the wraiths, maybe what the book did. All it would require is 30 seconds from Aragorn explaining that they left because they think Frodo will soon succomb to the Morgul blade.