View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 01:08 PM   #17
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Although I agree with much of what has been said about this sequence (though not the exclusion of Bomabadil whom I loathe heartily), the fight with the ringwraiths on Weather top is one of my favorite scenes simpley because of Viggo Mortensen's performance. As some of you may have observed from other posts, I am not an action film person and a lot of the fight sequences I found tedious. This one was electrifying - the look on his face when he is about to torch one is incredible. The scene indicates that Aragorn really is a person of power and was the moment when I really accepted that this actor who was too short and too fair to match the book's description "was Aragorn". It is a pity that a moment later he will be shown as someone who doesn't notice his girlfriend approaching with a drawn sword.

As for the Nazgul, I saw this film with my cousin who hasn't read the books but is a highly intelligent person, and the effect of fire and water on the Nazgul was something she felt wasn't really clear...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote