View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 04:51 AM   #416
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Oh my, don't tell me no one knows. Had I seen this line of names anywhere, that would be the first to pop up in my mind. It's what I consider a common knowledge among at least middle-Tolkien-educated fans.

The parentheses are variant writings. But even the first three should be obvious.

These are names of Valar, right? And that is all you need to know. Of WHICH Valar?

The placement of the names is based on something, though not necessarily to bother with that for solving the riddle. Because it also could be in different order, depending. Though I believe Aulė should be on the first place.

That was a hint.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote