View Single Post
Old 05-21-2003, 07:28 PM   #94
kittiewhirl1677
Shade of Carn Dûm

kittiewhirl1677 has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to kittiewhirl1677
Sting

Lanbriel stirred slightly, thinking that she was in a long, terrible dream. She carefully opened her eyes, and looked about. She saw someone in front of her- but her blurred vision wouldn't give way, so she could not make out who it was. In the distance, she heard sounds of hooves. Then, something made her realize what had happened.

She quickly gathered herself up, and rubbing her sores, stood behind the other girl, who she finally recognized as Doranna. The elf looked back, surprised at Lanbriel's sudden comeback.

"They... they're coming." Lanbriel whispered to the other girl.

"I know. And there's nothing, nothing we can do."

Lanbriel hated to admit it, but unless the others suddenly realised that the two were missing and quickly managed to come to their aid, they were definately dead.

"I've got an idea. Pick up some rocks, throw them as far as you can. Deeper into the forest. It will lead the hunters away from us."

Lanbriel whispered quickly, still keeping in touch with the continuous beat of the horses' hooves.

"Here, I found a large one."

Lanbriel quickly motioned for Doranna to help her pick it up. Since they had been standing on a hill, their task was more than clear. Together, they lifted the rock, and threw it as high up as they could. Luckily, the hill was long and steep. The rock flew a for a long time, and at the distant bottom, made a loud crashing noise. Then, as this hill was still pretty steep in that area, the rock kept rolling down. Luckily for the two girls, it made some very loud noises banging into trees and other huge stones on the way.

At first, Lanbriel was afraid that the rock didn't make any impact at all in the hunter's direction. But gradually, she noticed that the sound of hooves was growing fainter.

"We did it!"

Lanbriel whispered, still carefull to not suddenly give in their position. They truly had succeeded, because in no time, they heard a loud voice screaming,

"Search! They could not have gotten far."

This distraction proved to be enough. As quick as rabbits, the girls shot off to the camping area.

"THE HUNTERS!"

They cried in unsion.

"They're coming!"

Fionel was the first to approach, Haven by her side.

"We know, Haven heared them approaching."

"We... I.... I heared them coming, and I tried to climb a tree and... I..."

Lanbriel breathlessely tried to tell Fionel, but she just couldn't seem to finish.

"Here, have some water."

The two girls quickly drank the cool, refreshing liquid. Then they quickly told the story, and they all immediately began to plan and prepare.