View Single Post
Old 05-22-2003, 09:37 AM   #96
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

Dorlas had led the hunters into thick forest, and Kherug rode swiftly behind him. Ekatran rode hard, but stayed behind them, he was uncomfortable in these woods and slowed his pace.

Shivana approached from behind. "My Lord?" she questionned. He shot an icy glare at her then looked upon her hand. Noticing, she clenched her fist around the reins of her horse. "Ranchard" Ekatran started, "I gave him leave, but he was to return. Yet still he remains alone and apart." Shivana could see an ager building in Ekatran's eyes towards Ranchard. She dared not disobey his orders however much she disagreed with them and she pitied the hunter who had.

A snap distracted Ekatran's attention. It came from a small distance ahead of them. Another, Shivana heard it this time and took a dagger from her belt. Ekatran drew his bow and quickly placed an arrow ready to fire. Aiming into the distance he waited. A movement in the leaves ahead prompted Ekatran to fire, but it was nothing more than the breeze. He lowered his bow. "Ahead" he ordered, "quickly" and with that he rode hard, Shivana followed behind.

No more than a minute or two later Ekatran came upon Dorlas, down from his horse, standing next to a fallen Kherug and his steed. Shivana approached and stepped down, a smile came across her face at the sight of a fallen Kherug. Ekatran also dismounted. Pushing the horse aside, Ekatran approached Kherug. "What happened?" he demanded. Kherug was holding at his arm. "Traps my lord" was his quick reply, "the horse fell pray and I along with it." He bowed his head. It seemed his pride was the only real damage from his fall. Ekatran pulled him up and used his bow to push around the soil a little. Brushing a few leaves he saw the reminants of traps.

"Well laid for a horse at speed. We've some clever slaves this year." Ekatran was infuriated. "A path leads this way" someone commented quietly. "Nay" he shot back, "they would take a path that led into trees to camp. We leave the horses here and make way in that direction on foot." He pointed into the forest directly between two larger trees at which the land seemed to steep downhill.