View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 05:16 AM   #103
Gorothlammothiel

Gorothlammothiel has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

“Stop Shivana!”

Ekatran stepped forward as Shivana reclined from the bound Ranchard. "Not quite the hunter I thought you were indeed, Ranchard" he forced the words from his mouth as he contined to walk nearer to him. Ekatran drew his sword from the scabbard at his side.

Holding it at length in front of him Ekatran pushed the blade towards Ranchards face. He ran the cold metal edge along his chin and followed it round to the other side, pushing the head as he went. He noticed blood on one side of Ranchards face, a recent wound. Ekatran let out a laugh.

"Not only do you allow yourself to be captured by them, you let one of the slaves draw your blood? I was mistaken earlier Shivana" he turned to her who was now standing behind him, keeping out of the way. She had heard the stories. Ekatran continued, "I was mistaken, we do not have clever slaves," he turned back to Ranchard, "we've incompetent hunters!" Ekatran's voice seemed to echo through the trees.

He stepped back, his feet fell upon a object which was foreign to the forest floor. Bending down he moved away the leaves and raised a small blade. There was blood on the end. Ekatran stood up. "This? This is what they used?" He forced the blade closer to Ranchard's face, who was clearly now becomming uncomftable and fearful. "The slaves carried no weapons, this blade is one of our own!" he was becoming enraged. He studied it for a moment, then let out a deep breath and clenched the blade firmly in his hand. A crimson stream flowed heavily from the grasp. "Rhunnaro."

That sudden realisation seemed to be the last justification Ekatran needed. Whether it was Ranchard's current situation or the disobedience of Rhunnaro, he didn't care. He dropped the blade and raised his own, paying no heed to the blood which poured from his palm. Stepping again to Ranchard he pushed the blade to his face though was clever to not break the skin, yet. Leaning into Ranchard's face Ekatran opened his mouth to whisper something to him...

"Ekatran, no"

The outburst from behind him caused Ekatran to turn round with great force, and anger, though still pressing the blade firmly against Ranchard's neck.