View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 03:19 PM   #119
Aylwen Dreamsong
The Melody of Misery

Location: The Island of Conclusions (You get there by jumping!)...
Aylwen Dreamsong has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Haven stared out over the plains, and yet she nodded agreement or shook her head in disagreement as the other slaves discussed. What would she do? It was a fork in the road, and she had to decide which way to go. Lanbriel offered her leaf healing to the group, and Haven sat there, knowing that the only wounds she had were from running without sandals.

Haven's skills were in housework and caretaking, not hard labor and field working like all the other slaves. Perhaps some rich merchant or someone to that extent would not mind a maid, or a servant at the very least. It would not be slavery...

Oh, how Haven wished she could ask Jamilah and Jovanna what she should do. They were just children, but they always had straightforward answers. Always simple answers that were no longer than three words, but answers nonetheless. To them, no one needed a reason to do anything, just an answer.

"I want to just stay here," Haven muttered irritably. The moment she said it, she regretted it. She hoped none of the other slaves had heard, so as not to think Haven was weak. Haven just didn't want to go on anymore.

Might as well try and survive. A part of Haven thought. And that's my answer. No need for reasons.

Haven stood and walked over to the older easterling. He seemed to be waiting for someone or something, but Haven decided to tell him her decision now, lest she change her mind.

"Sir," Haven began, using the accustomed term. "I just have to know for myself, if there is a greener side. I think I'll go with you."

[ May 29, 2003: Message edited by: Aylwen Dreamsong ]