View Single Post
Old 09-02-2002, 08:00 PM   #54
Cúdae
Wight

Cúdae has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Cúdae
Tolkien

Hugo Weaving was the perfect Elrond! I kind of liked the...er...Spock-ish eyebrows. In the books, Elrond was one of the three Elves that didn't drive me raving mad (Legolas and Haldir were the two others). <BR>I do not think Liv Tyler was a very good Arwen. But then again, Liv Tyler isn't one of my favorite actresses either, so it could be persoanl grudge. But anyway, Blanchett as Galadriel bothered me... but I never liked Galadriel anyway. And on the topic of Elves...in the movie, Haldir looked a little...er...stuck up. He sent of this air of "I'm an elf and you're not, so get over it--or I will kill you." It was frightening. <BR>Back to Elrond, I loved that he was not "pretty." It showed me that he's been there, done that, and doesn't want to see it happen again, but it's beyond his control and he's going to do his best to help the people who are now directly involved.