View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 08:25 PM   #46
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlily Gamgee
PS - Fea, they are not just complications of a teenage life... they go on into your twenties, sadly. It's always the ones who you don't want to approach you who do, and those who you wish would never do... and then I never have confidence (or barely do anyway) to approach anyone myself. Confidence boosts are nice, because when you have remained single for so long you can't help but wonder if there is something wrong with you. But I've just now decided that there is something wrong with the male of the species, most of them, at least... or the ones who ask for my phone # and never call
A little advice from someone who knows that most advice goes unheeded, as I was there too. But anyway, don't settle!!

I was about to, as I was tired of seeing all of the great gals hanging on the arms of men who treated them poorly. Anyway, used to complain about the women that I wasn't really into dating, and my carpooler, who was hot but definitely not my type, nor I hers, used to cry about her boyfriend who was a real jerk.

One day something went 'ding!,' and we realized that the person that we were dreaming about was seated next to us every day. Some hard work, sacrifices, and a few scares came our way, but it all worked out - we've been married for ages, have three little ones and couldn't be happier.

Don't settle!
alatar is offline   Reply With Quote