View Single Post
Old 05-31-2003, 03:18 PM   #158
Nurumaiel
Vice of Twilight

Nurumaiel has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

Nurumaiel looked at Lindo as he spoke and her eyes widened. "Very true," she said. "I never thought of that before, yet..." She gave a bitter laugh. "Sometimes I believe Girithtil is half orc. And she uses it all against me."

She sat back, looking at the floor and trying to gather her thoughts. Where had she been? Ah yes, speaking about Girithtil. And what happened next? She thought desperately, seeing that many pairs of eyes were fixed on her. That was it! When Elrond...

"Well, the 'battle' between Girithtil and myself grew greater, and began to cause a disturbance of the peace at Rivendell. Lord Elrond knew something had to be done, so he sent me back to Lothlorien. I left angrily, thinking that he was cruel. But it was actually the greatest kindess he has ever shown to me.

"I had to travel through Rohan, so therefore I passed through the Gap of Rohan. There I was stopped by a band of Rohirrim, suspicious of me and wanting to send me back. You must remember that this was many years back, taking place just before the War of the Ring, so the Men of Rohan did not take kindly to Elves. I think they feared them?" Nurumaiel hesitated, unsure. She could see no reason why the Elves were to be feared, but it was the only emotion she could attach to the behavior of the Men.

Shaking it all away, she continued. "But one was wiser than the others, and had grown hearing tales of the Elves, always wanting to meet one for himself, and so while he doubted me, he let me pass. Firramer of Rohan was his name." She looked at Rie, and then stopped to catch her breath before continuing with her tale, and to give anyone who might want to comment a chance to do so.