View Single Post
Old 06-20-2004, 05:51 AM   #370
mark12_30
Stormdancer of Doom

Location: Elvish singing is not a thing to miss, in June under the stars
mark12_30 has been trapped in the Barrow!
Send a message via AIM to mark12_30 Send a message via Yahoo to mark12_30
White Tree

Orual-- I hadn't planned on Ravion showing up so soon, but I'm glad he did! And Aeron too. That worked out very well. Better than I had hoped! As I wrote it, Mellonin's arm took a blade-hit in the underwater scuffle. Nobody knows by who because of the murk. I think (if you'd like, Orual) that Mellonin also punctured Ravion while she was hacking away; location & severity of scratch/ cut/ wound is obviously your choice.

One minor thought-- I hadn't pictured the Entwash Delta as being a place for trees, but I guess there could be some evergladish swamp trees... After their December swim, they'll be desperate for firewood, so it's just as well. But they are bound to be strange trees to these landlubbers. Someone ought to remark on that.

Immy, your post is fine, I thought it worked out quite well! Very Aeronish. Great idea about the venom when Gwyllion is caught. It made Gwyllion's long submersion more plausible. Gwyllion ought to be rather sick from the poison, and Ravion and Mellonin too, although they probably got a lesser dose. I think the group will have to take a day of rest, though; perhaps they'll travel for an hour or so inland to leave the beastie behind and then they'll need a fire.

I'm glad Gwyllion made it through! I was worried.

So-- Since Raefindan is still pretty sick and weak, Aeron gets to be the doctor for a day! Good old Jorje can show up after all the excitement is over with a nice dead rabbit? Or fish? Jorje's constant absence when he'd come in handy is annoying! But I've been thinking of him as a tracker type; a nose-hunter, not a fighter or herd-dog. Just good on a scent. But the team need not discover his tracking skills for quite a while yet; he can just hang around, fend for himself and be uselessly annoying til we get to Edhellond and beyond. Sound okay, lmp? (Since he's your dog...)

Last edited by mark12_30; 06-20-2004 at 05:57 AM.