Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2021, 03:20 AM   #10849
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soriman the Whide View Post
So i'm pretty sure it's a 6 or a 9 letter word, probably a 9 letter word using THELION and 2 more letters.
This one is pretty frustrating I keep finding I'm missing an 'R' so maybe i'm wrong so far. It has also crossed my mind that I should probably finish reading the Lord of the Rings to gain an advantage.
Oh! I think you've parsed this exactly right, and the lack of an anagram indicator means the two notes come right at the beginning, which makes it ECTHELION. Which does indeed come pretty late in LotR (it's the name of Boromir's granddad, and also of the Tower of Ecthelion in Minas Tirith, which is named after a different Steward Ecthelion).

I'm not sure how obvious this is from the thread, but it's entirely okay to guess the password before we've solves all the clues; that can give us the first letters to help with the rest. I'm pretty sure this password starts with 'People And', but haven't gotten the rest of it yet.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote