View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 04:19 PM   #37
Thenamir
Spectre of Capitalism

Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!Thenamir has reached the Cracks of Doom and destroyed the Ring!
Thanks, all, for the kind words on my latest offering. For those who might like to use Tara in upcoming posts, here's a bit of background on her character.

I envision Tara as being something like a combination of traits found in two characters of Star Trek fame -- Data, and Seven of Nine. She's not quite human, though she aspires like Data to be more than she is. She was created, not unlike Saruman's Uruks or Borg drones, to serve her master (in this case, Mogul) with the purpose of "recruiting" (read: tempting unto damnation) unwary souls into Mogul's service. Hence, while she is well versed in the arts of temptation, she is a bit unsophisticated in most other areas of social interaction.

As mentioned in the post, she has special access to the odd forms of communication in Muddled-Mirth -- O-mail/GPS, and a "network" of sorts that connects these servants of Mogul, not unlike the Borg Collective. Gateskeeper has "rewired" her now so that she is no longer beholden to the ISN (Incubus-Succubus Network, coming soon to an earring-channel near you!), but she is now dependent on our intrepid band to help her integrate back into what passes for "normal Muddled-Mirthian society."

Aside from the obvious Star Trek references, I could see connections to Eliza Doolittle/My Fair Lady, with Gateskeeper as Professor Henry Higgins?