View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 07:31 PM   #118
Findegil
King's Writer

Findegil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
All quotes by Aiwendil:
Quote:
however, the old votes of the members who are still active when the new vote takes place do get taken into consideration when determining the relative weighting of old and new votes
Right and that is how I wanted it.
Quote:
but the principle you propose sounds to me as though it is saying that the votes of those who are still currently active are subtracted before calculating the weighting.
So it is still badly formulated.
Quote:
But actually, that may be the better way to do it.
I don't agree. My idea was to give the old votes of now inactive members a slightly lesser wieght, since they did not hear the new arguments. The number of the still active members now revoting seems to me a good indicator of how much more wieght a new vote should have. The idea of that was if none of the old voters would still be active old and new voting should have equal weight, since none of new voters would have heared and consider the old arguments 'live', so with the possibility of requestioning and discussion. And on the other hand if all old voters would still be active the old votes would all be retaken. Anyway a still active member would re-tack a vote with the old weight and give one with the new wieght.

With your propose a single voter of old now inactive would become a very high weight.

Respectfully
Findegil
Findegil is offline   Reply With Quote