View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #136
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
Glirdingo looked down at the woman in disgusted pity. "No, you are unable to ride and there are no extra horses for you to ride in. You shall go in a sling between the horses, as Darin suggested."

He looked at Marieme and Darin. "Okay, if we are to make these slings, we shall have to sacrifice something soft. Perhaps our cloaks will do. Maieme, I would like you to stay here while Darin and I go hunt for wood." He took a step closer to her and whispered in her ear, "I trust him, yet around our prisoner, I don't. She could be very valuable to us for more than one reason."

He stepped away from her and went over to Arianna who looked at him and whispered a soft "Sorry" to him. He knealt beside her and kissed her. "It is not your fault," he said. "It is that scoundrels," he said, nodding at their prisoner in anger. "And it pains me and alarms me that I must leave you with her for a short period of time while we find some wood to make the stretchers." He held her close. "I will be back soon and I won't be far. And I am leaving you here with Marieme, so you should be safe."

He hugged and kissed her once more before getting back up. He nodded to Marieme as he and Darin set out. He looked over at the Dwarf and said, "I know you don't agree with my decision, but she could prove a valuable asset, no matter how much I detest her for hurting Arianna. But please, you must respect my decision in this." He looked at him, almost pleadingly as he and Darin walked, searching the ground for some wood they could use for the slings.