View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 07:46 AM   #1
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril Boromirs death - skill acting

In some bits of FOTR I laughed and I cried, but there was one bit which stuck out in my mind because the acting was so perfect.

When Boromir was dying, I actually almost felt physically sick and I think it's some of, if not THE best acting I've ever seen. I'm not even a big Sean Bean or Boromir fan! Even though I've read the book and knew he was going to die, it still shocked and chokes me every time I see it.

When the first arrow hit him it was the way you could hear his breathing and then he looked at Merry and Pippin and got up with such determination.

When the second arrow hit him and they were both sticking out, still he launched himself up and for some bizarre reason I thought 'He's gonna make it!' I felt that arrow enter.

The third time, I still felt hope despite everything until I heard the music come on in the background and this time he didn't get up. He just turned to Merry and Pippin and the way he looked at them was as if to say, 'I'm sorry...'. (This gets me the same way Spike gets me at the end of season 5 Buffy when he tries to help Dawn (sorry, beside the point)). By this point, I was surprised to find a tear running down my cheek, and one of the wierdest things was the way I hurt as if they'd hit me.

Then Lurtz stood in front of him and the way that Boromir, that proud warrior, had to look up at him choked me, and the way Lurtz shook his head and was about to shoot him from point blanc range...uh...that bit really got me...

Last edited by Amanaduial the archer; 05-15-2004 at 02:57 PM. Reason: The HTML was...dire...and I hadn't, it seems, discovered grammar...
Amanaduial the archer is offline   Reply With Quote