View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 12:54 PM   #11
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
-If you want to avoid randomness, the trap could kill whichever wolf sends the night-kill PM. That lets the wolves choose who to sacrifice, rather than putting a potentially game-changing effect in the hands of a non-player (the mod/RNG).
Or, taking time zones into consideration, the wolves could specify in their PM who they would like to sacrifice, regardless of who sends it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HS
-If you wanted to revisit your original idea at some point (the role-revealing gifted one), you could combine it with the one-shot power idea: everyone has an ability, but you can only use it once/twice/etc. It would probably require a lot of balancing work, though.
That's a thought. Another option is a role I tried to use in my first game (which was utterly misused by TP IMHO, so requires careful evaluation) where a pseudo-Seer sends dreams to other people. So innocents and wolves alike can receive dreams at the discretion of the dream sender.

In all fairness though, I think it's so frustrating when roles are not revealed upon death. It's blind chaos.

I like the NW idea. I think part of the balance of that role should be the determination of who becomes the NW, and under what conditions. Some ideas:
- the first wolf to die, but only once the Dead Thread has X number of members
- the second wolf to die
- the wolf taken out by the Beast Hunter
- all wolves collectively on the thread, but only when a minimum 2 wolves are dead