Thread: Cryptic Clues
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 01:35 PM   #674
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I know some of the theory but it is the leap into practice that is hard ... and alas real life has left me out of practice (and sudoku is comptetition).... so thought I know about butter and spanner and flowers..... and various other bits of the arcane art.. I am not sure that being on the right track will help .... yet I will give it another go....

Edit - best guess is a star. Since Squatter has suggested that it is not particularly linked to a race of ME and they are part of our world (IE close to home). What we know as planets Tolkien described as Stars so I wondered if it was the elvish name for Pluto since that is missing from Holst's Planet Suit (unsuitable) ... inconveniently I think it is an orchestral work though Jupiter is used a setting for "I vow to thee my country". I think Jupiter is identified with Carnil. So that is as good as I get so far since the elves only named planets as far out as Neptune anyway..... but I don't think I am right..

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 08-21-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote