View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 07:04 PM   #77
Knight of Gondor
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Knight of Gondor has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via Yahoo to Knight of Gondor
Tolkien

Quote:
I will fight the urge to proudly beat my chest and proclaim that all these intellectual gymnastics only again prove my ultimate point
Your point being that Tolkien fans adhere to an inconsistent need to defend Tolkien while attacking Peter Jackson? I have already illustrated the differences, and already stated that I feel no inner compulsion to prove or disprove the capability of the Three Hunters to do so. I entertained the challenge strictly for the intellectual challenge it provided.

Allow me to illustrate.

Quote:
It is simply a physical impossibility that an untrained individual can run the equal of 1.6 marathons three days in a row.
No it isn't. It has been done before.

Quote:
There are times I feel like someone who has been preaching to the villagers at some backwater in Appalachia about the evil of incest. They keep shaking their heads marvelling at the crap that stranger keeps babbling. They are happy with their ways and accept them completely. But they smile at him and keep on keeping on.
Please avoid being offensive. Pointing out inconsistent fans is one thing. Insulting those fans is quite another.
Eagerly awaiting the REAL Return of the King - Jesus Christ! Revelation 19:11-16
Knight of Gondor is offline   Reply With Quote