View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 08:41 PM   #19
Fordim Hedgethistle
Gibbering Gibbet

Fordim Hedgethistle has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Here is a list of BDers, in alphabetical order, who I picture as their avatars (however unrealistic the pictures are):

Durelin (the old, less creepy one)
Fordim Hedgethistle
The Perky Ent (the old Calvin one, not Strong Bad)
Rimbaud
Saucepan Man, The
Squatter of Amon Rudh, The
*Fordim bursts into tears of uttermost joy and clasps his hands in front of his chest* SoN, you think of Indianna Jones when you think of me???? *Renewed tears of joy*

Quote:
I will just say that you, Fordim, are an ever changing image of some dusty old professor with a beaky nose and small, round glasses...very much a 'Giles from Buffy' figure. (very sorry, Fordim)
My Dear Durelin. Well, "dusty," sometimes, esp after a day spent in the garden; as to "old," I have no doubt that to many in the forums I am probably one step shy of a walker and pureed food, but I assure you I am spry and nimble yet. Can't do anything about the "professor" label

This issue of the nose, however, I must address: I have a wonderful proboscis of noble lineage. And my glasses are far more rectangular than round, although I do tend to favour smaller glasses rather than larger. I'm not terribly familiar with Buffy (can I still post to the Downs?) so have no comment on this Giles fellow. I shall assume that he bears a striking resemblance to Johnny Depp. . .

Quote:
I’ll have to admit I have always wanted to be tall and have thick, curling red hair . . .
Fear not, my dear friend Pio, for that is the beauty of the Downs: I have impressed upon my mind the image of yourself as a 5'10" Amazon, with breath-takingly vibrant red hair. Your wishes have come true (but only if you impress upon your mind the image of Harrison Ford circa 1979 for me).

(Related Anecdote: Soon after the first movie came out I said to a room-full of 400 undergraduates, "So this Orlando Bloom is supposed to be the most beautiful man around these days? I don't get it, he looks nothing like me." It was meant as a joke, but I was wholly unprepared -- and a little hurt -- by the gales of laughter that washed over the room for the next minute or so. . .)
Fordim Hedgethistle is offline   Reply With Quote