View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 04:16 PM   #792
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Lord Athanar's jaw dropped. Both Thornden and Coen saw his amazent all too clearly.

He's hiding something... he's too busy hiding something that he doesn't see the obvious, or does he just pretend not to see it?

Athanar collected himself and turned to look at Thornden with quizzical eyes. "Does an impassionate old man need to teach a young man about passion?" He took a small pause but then continued, now with a smile in his face.

"Think of a young man in love and in trouble for his life... well, at least for his freedom. What does he think? If he thinks the feeling is mutual he is ready to go against the whole world to get his lady. But if he thinks the love is one-sided, he'll save himself... That's the bearing, the crucial bearing." Athanar glanced at Coen but turned then back to Thornden again.

"If you come up with anything on the issue - or hear something about it - you'll let me know?"

"Of course." Thornden managed to answer.

"Good. That's it then. Thank you for your information. I need to think for a moment how to address the Hall on the issues in light of the information you have given me, so if you masters took your seats?"

"Aye sir!" Coen said and turned away.

"Yes, sir." Thornden said and went back to his seat.