View Single Post
Old 02-20-2001, 11:53 AM   #10
Mister Underhill
Dread Horseman

Mister Underhill has been trapped in the Barrow!
Ring

<font face="Verdana"><table><TR><TD><FONT SIZE="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Shade of Carn Dûm
</TD><TD></TD></TR></TABLE>
Re: Arwen

Gandalf's communication with Frodo warning him to take off the Ring atop Amon Hen seems a clear example. <blockquote>Quote:<hr> ‘I have thirty with me,’ said Halbarad... ‘We rode as swiftly as we might when your summons came.’
‘But I did not summon you,’ said Aragorn, ‘save only in wish. My thoughts have often turned to you, and seldom more than tonight; yet I have sent no word.’

‘Why have they come? Have you heard?’ asked Merry.
‘They answered a summons, as you heard,’ said Gimli. ‘Word came to Rivendell, they say: Aragorn has need of his kindred. Let the Dúnedain ride to him in Rohan! But whence this message came they are now in doubt. Gandalf sent it, I would guess.’
‘Nay, Galadriel,’ said Legolas. ‘Did she not speak through Gandalf of the ride of the Grey Company from the North?’
‘Yes, you have it,’ said Gimli. ‘The Lady of the Wood! She read many hearts and desires.’<hr></blockquote>

Another example? And also, right after the above cited:<blockquote>Quote:<hr> ‘Yes, you have it,’ said Gimli. ‘The Lady of the Wood! She read many hearts and desires. Now why did not we wish for some of our own kinsfolk, Legolas?’
Legolas stood before the gate and turned his bright eyes away north and east, and his fair face was troubled. ‘I do not think that any would come,’ he answered. ‘They have no need to ride to war; war already marches on their own lands.’<hr></blockquote>Is Legolas making an educated guess or has he already &quot;heard&quot; about war marching on the lands of the north?

</p>Edited by: <A HREF=http://www.barrowdowns.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile&u=00000005>Mister Underhill</A> at: 2/20/01 12:57:28 pm
Mister Underhill is offline   Reply With Quote