View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 04:03 PM   #110
Aganzir
Woman of Secret Shadow

Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Aganzir is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nogrod View Post
Someone (Agan?) compared the retrackies to the phantom's game where people had 10 extra-votes and how the wolves kept them and in the end ran over the innocents with their pile of votes.
Imagine some innocents, a couple of wolves. The innocents have used (most of) their retractions, the wolves haven't. The wolves can vote for whomever is the most convenient for them and then, when most other votes have been given, unite and direct their votes towards an innocent who is lynched, and nobody else can do anything. Because I can see that scenario, I'd rather eliminate it before the wolves have even a chance to try it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip spence View Post
Okay, I'm not accusing you of anything, sweetheart, but a retractable vote is useful for anyone, is it not?
Mmh yeah but the wolves have the advantage of being able to talk in private. That way they can make plans about using the votes, among other things, whereas whatever we others say, the wolves see it too. And the wolves are fine with killing anybody but one of them, while it's not quite so simple for us. So even if the retractable votes might be useful for us, we can't really base our plans on them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inziladun View Post
Why is Mira the most suspicious to you, my dear? Possibly you said so already and I just missed it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Mira. Suspecting newbies is just way too easy, and at the same time she clears Fea's vote (despite the 'on a more serious note' start, the whole comment looked like a joke though).
Mostly because of this comment though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mira
wintywinty's vote is more suspicious. I do agree with whoever suggested it might be of a wolfish nature and xe was told to act newbieish to allay suspicion. Or it could be a newbie mistake.
Basically, "It's suspicious because it could go either way."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzil
Anyway, I agree that wolves can make good use of a retractable vote, but so can the good side. What happens if one votes early, then has to contend with a Seer reveal, or something of that nature toward the end of the Day?
Might happen. However it's always best for the seer to not reveal during the last-minute voting frenzy.
Also, retractable votes and the 'who receives the highest number of votes last' rule are a bad combination in the case of a tie because if a wolf (or somebody else) wants to drive a lynch, they wait till the last possible moment, retract and vote again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
*concurs* I kept thinking there was a new player but then looked to the side and saw it was you...
Haha sorry. On one hand I'm sorry to let go of my previous avvie (a Goya painting ♥) but on the other hand... Scar is Scar, and worth another ♥.

Okay I'll go to sleep now, night babies.

Last edited by Aganzir; 04-08-2010 at 04:04 PM. Reason: xed since Lottie
Aganzir is offline   Reply With Quote