Thread: Elrond
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 06:04 AM   #26
Arvedui24
Animated Skeleton

Arvedui24 has just left Hobbiton.
Havent posted in an age of middle-earth, well it feels like it. So appreciate if this falls short of the mark.

I believe that although elven society was not as egalitarian as we would like to believe that it certainly was far more enlightened than that of men(exception being Numenor, for a time) and in addition that healing and combat were not exclusive to the sexes. Elrond it is viewed was the most capable of healing in the whole of ME and Galadriel in my opinion was considerably more influencial and important(even to say powerful) that her husband Celeborn. Afterall, she did possess Nenya, was a member of the White Council and was pivotol in the downfall of Dol Guldur.

Back to the main point, i also believe that it would have been pointless for Elrond to lay claim to the kingship of the Noldor for a number of reasons which i think have been already mentioned. He was only part Noldorian, only part Elven, and was already one of the great elven leaders in ME. Also, little remained of the Noldor in ME and to enforce kingship over such few a number seems nonsensical. Especially when the majority of your kin have returned to their homeland, a king in exile for no need it would be like.
Also, in claiming the High Elven Kingship of the Noldor would Elrond in fact be taking responsibilty for the Rebellion even tho he didnt take part in it himself or would such a thing have been nearly laid to rest with the death of the sons of Feanor. Would have he been held accountbale, Galadriel in this seems to have far greater accountability. Just a thought. Do u think on this related note that Elrond would claim the title when he returned to Tol Eressea/Valinor??

Hope this in any way makes sense
Arvedui24 is offline   Reply With Quote