View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 08:09 PM   #317
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420! Party of Seven

The three hobbits Falco, Gorby, and Anson, as well as the humans Eodwine and Finėwen, having finished their meal and summed up their doings in the Hills of Evendim, retired to the fireplace with their mugs of ale, and pipes.

"Friends," said Eodwine, puffing on his pipe, "good old southfarthing can't be beat, and thank you for introducing me to such a wonderful pastime." The three hobbits nodded 'your welcomes', puffing on their own pipes, sending voluminous rings up to the ceiling. "But right now I do miss my harp. I shall have to find me a new one. Somewhere. I'm afraid it will have to wait until Edoras where there is a good craftsman in stringed instruments. Ah well."

"Maybe," said Gorby, "there's a harp to be found in this inn. And a pipe too!"

"You're puffing on one, silly," Anson grinned.

"No no no! I mean what you can blow tunes out of!" Gorby cuffed Anson one.
Falowik took his leave of Master Jean Peddlar and Peony, and walked up to the bar where Uien still helped Aman with the constant rush of customers. He asked her for that walk they had talked about, and she excused herself. Falowik and Uien walked out the front door, into the closing day.