View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #192
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Raefindan held Indil's right hand, and kept guard on Tharonwë, who was so doubtful now that he stood paralyzed, unsure of what was real and what was dream.

Mithrellas held Indil's left hand even as she set her thought on Nimrodel and Amroth. Long had she been with Nimrodel, caring for her ever, thanklessly. Never had she despaired. Even when hope seemed vain, she held firm from love. Then Imrazor had come back in the body of this young red haired man, and hope had rekindled; but more than hope, she had begun to know joy again. His name was Raefindan, and Imrazor, and Roy Edwards, and he loved her no matter who he knew himself to be for he was one. And hope had grown when little Indil had come, Indil who was a young woman named Angela. All these names, all these two-souled men and women! Some great thing must be afoot! So she hoped that Nimrodel would regain her own mind, and that she could again reunite with Amroth.

Indil glanced at Raefindan, proud that he was such a good defender of them all. Then she glanced at Mithrellas, who met her eyes with a smile, and loved her. She knew that she had lost her mother and father, but somehow chance had brought her a new mother and father, maybe not better than the old, but more than hope could have hoped.

Indil knew that she was Angela, and thought back to the short but full life she had lived, that Roy had been part of as her love's heart. It could have been overwhelming to Indil, but Angela was able to hold the seeming contradiction, and reminded Indil that there was something she had yet to do. There were two parts to it.

So Indil glanced back to Jorje Tirril and smiled back a the smiling dog.

"Come, Jorje, we need to go meet play with Nimrodel and Aeron and Gwyllion. Come sit beside me and I'll take you with me."

Jorje trotted over to Good Child. He loved her. He licked her hand and her chin and she laughed. Then she placed her hand on his head.

"Come with me."

Angela was guide, for she had through some special grace come from an undying realm to be Indil, and from that wondrous place she had taken ineffable secrets that aided her now. They passed into the place of ash and saw Nimrodel sitting in the ash, throwing it up with her hands childlike. At first they watched from behind Gwyll and Aeron and Amroth and Erebemlin as they spoke of a game of a swift stream and its young maid, and a king in his tree who loved her.

Indil started to sing a nonsense song and Jorje began to prance around her, yipping playfully, licking her hand and the others'. He came to Nimrodel and tried to lick her hand but his tongue passed through it, catching only ash. He coughed and started talk to her.

"What? Why not lick you? Play!"