View Single Post
Old 10-28-2016, 06:00 PM   #75
satansaloser2005
The Sweetest Spoiler

satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.satansaloser2005 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Throughout the night, patients tossed and turned, unable to rest for fear that yet another of them would be gone by the dawn.

In the darkness, three of the Ward crept from their respective homes, meeting in a small alley behind an empty cottage.

"Tonight we have to try harder. They mourn for Phantom, and tonight's loss will be great as well, but we must take even more."

"How much more?"

"Well, obviously all of them eventually, but for tonight....well, come with me."

The house they approached had cheery flowers outside, though these were wilting from the cold. Peeking inside the window, they could see a sleeping figure curled in bed, mumbling inaudibly mid-dream.

"Perfect. There will be panic in the streets when they find this one."

"More than Phantom?"

"Don't be ridiculous. You will curse the day, blah blah. Better than Nilp though. Everyone assumed he did that to himself. There will be no such mistake this time."

The third figure drew some rope from under their cloak. "Let's get to work...."

~~~~~~~~

Though sleep did not come easily to any in the Ward, one in particular had been desperate for peace since the previous day. Surprisingly, dreams were pleasant, and in the morning, the sense of dread had lessened. Once out in the sunlight, it seemed like maybe, just maybe, everything would turn out all right.

A new day had come, and with it, new challenges, but also new hope.

Patients
Nerwen
Kuru
McCaber
Lottie
Lalaith
Lommy
Legate
Dun
Boro
Shasta

The Morgue
Phantom (for posterity)

Last edited by satansaloser2005; 10-28-2016 at 06:11 PM.
satansaloser2005 is offline   Reply With Quote