View Single Post
Old 12-30-2003, 10:00 PM   #42
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Ive never copped anything for liking Tolkien, my friends think its cool and we all have our own things.

What i have come across in the terms of "Nerd" are the guys who do nothing but leave the computer rooms at school and if you try to talk to them they are really nasty to you. There are some people who spend a lot of time at the computers, but they are nice, so the nerds are the nasty ones.

I started reading Tolkien becuase everyone else was reading Harry Potter, i am always wanting to be an individual, then everyone started reading Tolkien (good for him, but bad news for me, becuase my individuality was gone) so i started delving myself into the history.

It was really entertaining when i went and say ROTK with my friend Bekki, who i had to explain everything to and now she is obsessed with the Kings of Numenor. She was like "how do you know so much?" and i said. "I have the 'downs, i learn from people."

I reffer to 'our kind' as Fans not Nerds. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

~My lord, Éomer~
Everdawn is offline   Reply With Quote