View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 06:44 PM   #254
Meneltarmacil
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: The bottom of the ocean, discussing philosophy with a giant squid
Meneltarmacil is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Eye Thoronmir (last post on this RPG)

Thoronmir had not said much during Lira's funeral. He sat in silence by himself over in one corner, wondering where he had gone wrong, how he could have prevented her death. Awyrgan, one of his closest friends in the past few years, had also fallen in the assault, and Thoronmir was responsible for both lives. After both of the funerals were over, as he was sitting alone under the stars, he heard a voice call his name.

"Thoronmir? Why haven't you said a word to any of us since the funeral?"

He turned around to see Lumiel standing behind him. "You don't understand what this means to me. As the leader, I am responsible for both of the lives that were lost."

"There was nothing you could do, Thoronmir. None of us knew Herugor's true strength." she said.

"I shouldn't have ordered the attack through the roof. I should have known that it could collapse without warning," Thoronmir continued.

"We must still move on," replied Lumiel. "Regardless of what happened, you cannot go back and save Lira and Awyrgan. You have to let it go."

There was a long pause as Thoronmir considered this."I suppose you're right," the Ranger said at last. "I can't change what has happened. But tell Falowik I will not be returning to Bree with the others."

"Why?"

"I have been talking to the Rangers here recently. Most of their leaders are dead, and the survivors cannot stay together without someone to guide them. We had a long talk earlier, and they chose me to be their new leader. I must stay here and help rebuild what Herugor has destroyed. I cannot return to Bree with you and the others. Tell Falowik that I'm sorry."

Last edited by piosenniel; 05-27-2004 at 10:09 PM.