View Single Post
Old 05-28-2004, 09:29 AM   #257
Esgallhugwen
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Esgallhugwen has just left Hobbiton.
The Eye

After Lumiel, Uien, Finėwen and Eswen had ended the lament they all seperated from the pavilion to sit by the fire or walk by the lake. Esgallhugwen and Lumiel chose to share their thoughts and reflections by Lake Evendim; the weather had calmed and dusk was approaching.

"Mellon", Lumiel said softly, "I know the loss of Lira is dark and troubling for you as it is for us all, but is there something else burdening you?"

Esgallhugwen looked up at the darkening hills wet from the rain "I cannot help but feel as if her death was my doing, when I heard that this journey needed members for a company I urged her to go with me, so that we may learn more of each other to strengthen the bonds of our frienship. She tried to help me, to relieve the evil memories within me and I brought doom upon her. Now she lies dead in that pavilion awaiting burial", her gaze returned to Lumiel.

Lumiel smiled gently "You forget Eswen, it was Lira's choosing whether to go with you or whether to stay behind, she chose her path; you must accept that she is gone".

Esgallhugwen nodded, she knew Lira would be at peace in Valinor.

The sun was below the horizon, only a faint glow remained; Lumiel left Eswen to her thoughts and returned to the camp. With the wolf cub at her side she sat down by the lake and gazed into the dark waters lapping at the shore.