View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #12
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Fascinating as your expositions sound, my esteemed colleague Nogrod, I must admit I fail to perceive how they pertain to our current predicament.
All I can say with any certainty is that this death can hardly have been caused by any marine creature native to these latitudes that I'm familiar with. Anything with well-developped tentacles would probably qualify for the strangling, but I don't think a kraken or octopus could have demolished the controls like that, and the corpse doesn't show any marks of suction cups.
Nienna mentions wolves, which, however, are unlikely to be found in the Arctic Sea, miles from any land.
No, this looks like the work of human hands; and as we're quite isolated from civilization and outside interference, it seems we must look for the culprit among our team - appalling as the thought is. (Unless we have a stowaway on board; it would be a good idea to search the cargo holds.)

EDIT: x-ed with the meteorologist.