View Single Post
Old 12-27-2001, 01:57 PM   #18
Goldenwood

Sting

I did'nt like Lothlorien. It was too eery and Galadriel made ME cringe. It was the only part in the movie I hated and abhored, but as for the rest of the movie I loved it. <BR> You say there is'nt any character develpoment?Are you NUTS ?! I thought Boromir was very well done. In the book he's a tragic and forlorn character and he could NEVER be a favorite character, but in the Movie his bond with Merry and Pippin is amazing,and that gives him a reason to protect them is not only because they are part of the Fellowship and it is his obligation but because he is bonded to them. It also gives Pippin a cause to become the squire to Denethor, not just because of his debt but because he was attached to Boromir and friends with him.<BR> And that brings up the Hobbits. The movie Frodo loves his life in the Shire just as much as Merry and Pippin, but because of the danger he would bring apon the Shire if he went back or stayed he decides to go on with the quest and become the permament Ringbearer. The fact that he loves the Shire is inhanced in the Movie very much so.<BR> Merry and Pippin are changed ALOT in the Movie. They are'nt exactly weak, but they are foolish. They're young hobbits and they have no experince with the outside world so they want to discover everything at the same time and it gets them in trouble. Teens are naturally into things and independent wanting to find things out on thier own and it gets them into trouble. It's just the way they are and I think it was brought out in the movie.<BR> Sam is as loyal as he is in the book. If you dont call running out into a river and forgetting you cant swim because of a persn you love not good showing of characteristic then you're a goose.<BR> Aragorn does'nt want to bother with the throne he's happy as a ranger of the north,but because it is his fate to claim the throne he faces it bravely and squarly in the face. I also think that his love of Arwen made him take that step foward. He cannot marry her until he claims the throne. So the love that is between them is prounouced and so is his knowledge of the outside world.<BR> Arwen.....hmmm cant say anything but"brave and knowledgable for a girl who grew up in a sheltered home"<BR> Gandalf is shown as a human, not as someone who cannot make a mistake ever, from going back to Saruman to bumping his head on the overhang in Bag End.<BR> I think that if Saruman is the"councilor"(I say councilor for lack of a better word)to Theoden in the movie then I think that the Depression of Theoden(remeber he thought all was dark in the outside world. That's why he was locked up)will be really brought forth in the second movie.And remeber that Denehtor used the Orthanc stone and saw that "all" was "lost". Why could'nt Saruman do the same?<BR> All I have to say about Legolas and Gimli are"Great axe and bow work you guys keep it up". Their colors should show along with Sams and Merry and Pippin in the second movie.<BR> The only problem I had with the movie was Lothlorien and the Watcher in the Water. Lothlorien was to dim and FREAKY and as for the Watcher in the water all I can say is"Frodo is NOT a salt shker so stop treating him like he is ok?" Other than those prblems I am going to see it again and again and then finally get the movie when it comes out.<BR>Goldenwood<BR>ps.Is it ok if we get a Pessimistic Forum going?JAJ(Just A Joke)