View Single Post
Old 07-20-2014, 11:40 AM   #45
Inziladun
Gruesome Spectre

Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Inziladun is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Quote:
Originally Posted by denethorthefirst View Post
I dont think that Melians Incarnation in elvish form was all that voluntary: she was madly in love (goodbye free will and clear thinking) with thingol and incarnated herself for him, and in order to conceive.
Well, I wouldn't think she was given no choice in the matter when it came to being with Thingol; only that she was given a mandate that she become truly embodied in oder to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by denethorthefirst View Post

Why do you think it unfair that she was allowed back to Valinor, why should the Valar prohibit her return? She didnt do anything evil as far as i know. You could say that she was abandoning Doriath ... but her Husband was now in Valinor (Halls of Mandos) so she was probably torn but ultimately decided to follow Thingol and await his re-embodiment. It is a bit questionable, but i can understand her.
I don't know, it just seems like Melian had it all: the bliss of a long term sojourn among the Children in Middle-earth and a simple return to the Undying Lands afterward. She just seems to have had it both ways.