View Single Post
Old 07-30-2002, 11:27 PM   #365
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Child's dramatic retreat downstairs was cut short by a sharp whistle from behind her. She turned, and there stood Pio, thumb and second finger curved under her tongue emitting an ear-splitting sound.

'Look,' said Pio, motioning her companions to come closer,'let's back it all up here a bit. In a very short time we will begin a crucial part of our quest, can we approach it in a less defensive and offensive manner?' She looked round the group. 'Some of us will need to stay on the ship, that's a given. Now, Veritas has volunteered to stay since she's the one who will need to maneuver the ship as needed. Kali, I think should stay also, since there is no way I think we can explain the presence of a hobbrim. Is that alright with you,Kali?'

The hobbrim shook his head 'yes', his large eyes reflecting the gravity of the situation.

'And Daisy, what about you? Will you come with us, or stay here?' Daisy moved near to Kali and took his hand. 'I'm staying here, if you please, ma'am. You can just tell me what happened when you get back. We'll take care of the boat, won't we?' she said turning to Kali and Veritas.

'Rose?'

'I'm going, Pio!' cried the hobbit.'Alright, then, get Child to help you dress so you'll fit in. And please see that you follow all her directions.'

'Bird, of course you're going! It will be long flight in and out, though, and we will be travelling very swiftly - would you consider riding someone's shoulder until we reach our destination?' Pio looked about, frowning, where was Bird?

She looked about the deck again. 'Who's seen Khelek recently?' Veritas spoke up, telling her that the elf was a bit under the weather, and had been spending a lot of time in his cabin, reading and resting. 'So, maybe you can let him know he'll be on the ship with you. Perhaps you can get him to work up some of the computations we may need for other time and place shifts.'

'And Child, most certainly you'll be with us! You're our hobbit heart and soul. And as you said, the needed liaison with the Gondolin hobbits.'

'And as for myself, I can either stay or go as needed. Mithadan and I have gone over the maps, and he can take you all in as well as I can. And by the way, I have no "connections in court" as you put it, Child. For all intents and purposes, I'd be just another elf in Gondolin.

She gestured toward Mithadan. 'I'll let Mithadan speak for himself.'

[ July 31, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]