View Single Post
Old 08-03-2002, 09:53 AM   #397
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Idril shook her head and looked again upon their group. "It is true that Morgoth has recently issued an order to capture and imprison the little folk. Even years ago, we knew that he held this people in low regard, and that they all lived in great danger. For that reason, they have dwelled here, in the peace of Gondolin, for the past sixty years, and we have done all in our power to protect them."

"You two," she said, nodding at Child and Rose, "would do well to guard your true identity. If Morgth knew hobbits still lived as a free people in a later age, I do not know that he would do."

Child curtsied and responded, "Yes, Lady, we had already realized that. Rose and I are poor refugees from East Beleriand who canot even remember our names or the clan from which we sprang. We desire to rejoin our people. The horrors of war have driven all else from our minds."

"And that story is a common one," Idril replied. "Few would think to question such a tale in this age and place."

"Lady," continued Child, I would like to meet with some of the leaders of the hobbit community and speak with them about our own desire to return to our people, as well as our friends who wish to help them. Perhaps, you could arrange for me to journey to one of their homes,"

Idril nodded in reply, "Yes, I believe so. The hobbit Lindo is in my sevice. He speaks fluent Elvish as well as the language of your people. I will have him convey you sometime tomorrow to the house of Maura Tuk that you may meet with him and others of importance in your community."

Child could barely stifle a smile....Maura Tuk....Frodo Took....some things never change. She nodded and murmurred, "Thank you, maam."

Idril turned to leave, "I will have the servants prepare chambers for you. And the bird....?"

Rose piped up, "She is my companion, and will stay by my side."

[ August 03, 2002: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]