View Single Post
Old 06-18-2005, 12:29 PM   #59
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Malris had looked back at Tasa with an emotion between gratitude and pity in his eyes, as she bound his wound, and implored him to forget the fateful voice.

"Most named Daeron a greater musician and singer than Maglor," he said at last. It seemed a peculiar comment, and the long pause he left after it would not set his friend's mind at rest. Eventually he spoke again.

"I was not among them, of course. Partly because Maglor was my friend, my protector, and I his...but his voice always had a power to move me that the Dark Elf's did not. Mind you, I only heard Daeron once, when I came with Maglor and Maedhros to the Council of Peacemaking...which ended in ashes and ruin, like everything else. Everything else but those two bards...and this place."

His thoughts were rambling, circuituitous. He shook his head, suddenly, as if to clear it.

"What I am trying to say...is that I felt that power in my heart just now. And Maglor was always named the mightier singer, though many preferred the Wood Elf's subtleties. I believe Maglor has taken up his brother's fortress again. He is within Himring, but his voice reaches us, though he has no idea of it."

He took Tasa's hand gently. "Do not think me mad. A great hope has possessed me. I spent years looking for him...and only found what was left of Lord Maedhros. If Maglor is here, then...then nothing else matters. But I will wait."

He smiled again, taking one of the fish off the fire. "It looks well done. The others are ready too, I think. Let us eat and then sleep at last."