View Single Post
Old 01-18-2003, 11:12 PM   #20
Bill Ferny
Shade of Carn Dûm

Bill Ferny has just left Hobbiton.
Thumbs up

Hey! Us middle-aged accounts clerk –types can have adventures too! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Lothlórien should be golden, I believe, when the fellowship arrived. However, Pete already did that with Rivendell, so I can forgive him.

I came across these pictures by Audrey Corman. I’ve never heard of her before, but I think these are pretty good pictures (in contrast to the movies) of Middle-Earth weapons:

Narsil

Orcrist

Remnants of old Robberies

The last one is really interesting. It covers a lot of ground as far as historical swords go. I think that's a scram in the foreground, and a flammard sticking up to the left.

Diamond18… keep those links to Hildebrandt coming. Most of them I’ve never seen, or don’t remember, and anyway its been a long time since I’ve looked at any of their stuff. They are SO shamelessly German, aren’t they? I like the pig faces, though. Oh, yeah! What do you mean Legolas suing? Did you see that hat on Gimli in the Fellowship? Now that is grounds for a lawsuit!

Edit: Diamond18, I forgot... can you find any Hildebrandt pictures of the Riders of Rohan?

[ January 19, 2003: Message edited by: Bill Ferny ]