View Single Post
Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 AM   #406
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Gwerr and the orcs

Gwerr’s mood was darker than the cave they had been imprisoned into. He scorned himself for being an idiot but the thoughts he had of the others weren’t much nicer. Seeing Ishkur fall asleep finally made him burst out.

“Okay, let’s all just sleep on this, right? They will but kill us a little after we awake! Or maybe they will give us some of their ratios – and a lot of ale – after granting us this shelter from the rain, uh? Now let’s...”

Gwerr’s voice died suddenly as he had just caught a glimpse of something.

“Colagar, you old fool! What is it there next beside you on the left? In between the two rocks.”

Makdush was immediately aware of Gwerr’s finding.

“How could I forget that? It’s my blade which Ishkur dropped here for the others to cut themselves loose with...” Makdush looked at Gwerr and then at Colagar who was only slowly coming back to his senses after being dozing his hangover off. Then Makdush addressed the waking orc quite harshly: “Pick it up Colagar. Now! Start doing something useful.”

Gwerr couldn’t believe his ears. They had a blade here and everyone who knew it – which was everyone except Gwerr - had just forgotten it. Cursed be the day I joined with these scroundels with a memory matching that of the fishes!

“Speed up Colagar, they may be back any minute now! Cut yourself free and then give us a hand. And don’t cut the ropes into pieces if you can, we may need the ropes yet.” With that he turned to Ishkur and kicked him to the side a few times. “Allright you hero of the ladies, time to wake up and do something! We need to do some planning now.”

While Ishkur was struggling to awake and to get grips with the overall situation Gwerr turned to Makdush. Now he seems to be the only sensible person here... how can I think it this way? He’s an Uruk anyway...

“Now what do you say big-guy? If we just wait here we may be able to kill the first few who come down to get us but after that they will rip us to pieces with their arrows and slings securely from high-up there. So we must act first... If two or three of you Uruks would stand firmly together two of us could get on to your shoulders and then a third might climb on theirs to reach the top with a few ropes. With all of us up there we might break the door and make a charge... At least we would die fighting instead of being plain assassinated. Better to try than to rot here, or what do you say?”

At the moment he heard Ishkur rising up behind him.

“And what say you Ishkur?”

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-04-2007 at 03:21 PM.