View Single Post
Old 07-07-2006, 05:25 PM   #127
Forest Elf
Haunting Spirit

Location: You say your hurting is over.. It feels like you're out of reach...
Forest Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Gable nodded and went quickly out the door. She grabbed one of the stallions that still needed his exercise for the day and saddled and bridled him, quickly.

She jumped into the saddle in one fluid movement and tapped her heals into his sides. She let him run as fast as he pleased, not letting him outdo himself on the way. Once she was there she jumped down from the horse and strode up to the door. She knocked several times and waited for an answer, but none came.

She walked over to his neighbors and knocked on the door. “Hello?” a young hobbit asked, answering the door. She looked to be about 12 and her curly hair was bouncing in the wind.

“Do you know where Doc Puddifoot is? I need to find him, quickly. Primrose’s leg looks broken and Will’s head and wrist need checked.” Gable told the young hobbit.

“Yes, I do know where he is. He said he’d be off to the market for a bit and he might visit an old friend too while he’s at it,” the young hobbit replied.

“Thank you!” Gable called and ran to the stallion. She jumped up into the saddle and sent him off in the direction towards the market. She did a quick scan and couldn’t find him. She put the stallion in a slight canter and called out, “Doc Puddifoot?”

“I’m over here,” he called from the fruit stand. “What is it?”

“We need you at the Inn. Primrose’s leg needs set and Will’s head and wrist need’s looked at. They fell off of a roof, well, Primrose fell off of the ladder and Will fell off of the roof, but anyways, details later. Get on.” Gable told the Doc.

She put the stallion into a gallop and turned the stallion back to the Inn. Once there, she drew him to a halt and set the hobbit onto the ground, where he scurried inside.

She cooled the stallion down and put him back into his stall. She put away the saddle, bridle, and saddle blanket. Then she hurried into the Inn, to see how everything’s going.