View Single Post
Old 05-04-2004, 11:58 AM   #7
Feared Half-Elf
Wight

Feared Half-Elf has just left Hobbiton.
Eye Elkamia

"I thought I recognised you from somewhere." She told Cree. "It's not your father I remember, though. I wasn't born in Eryn Lasgalen, I was born in a small forest far to the east. I moved to Eryn Lasgalen several years ago, and after a while got involved in the War of the Ring. But then, who didn't? I got called away to Gondor's aid, and since then I've been running between lands, seeing places I never thought I'd see, and making new friends from other cultures. Eryn Lasgalen is still my base and home, though. I just like to see the world. I pick up new things as I go, different weapons, and ways to use them. New herbs and their properties, that sort of thing. I'm a warrior at heart." She stretched, catlike. Not a delicate stretch like a high lady would execute, but a great yawn more like the warrior she was. She stood up, excusing herself to her companions. "If you'll excuse me, friends. It has been a busy night. I'll check on Arrow before I sleep. I hope I'll see you tomorrow." She inclined her head to them, and left.

She slipped out of the door, into the cool evening air, heading for the stables. Arrow still slept soundly, and Elkamia smiled at the silver dog, in the throes of another thrilling dream, by the look of him. She moved along the stalls, greeting Annufin, the silver mare she rode. She changed from her dress into her usual forest greens, drew a length of green fabric from her saddlebag, and bade her mare goodnight.

Stringing the fabric between two branches of a large tree, she settled down. The cool breeze stirred the branches. She preferred to sleep outside, though nobody could call her a trespasser on Inn land as she insisted on paying Aman for the use of her tree. A room was fine for a night or two, but when she spent a few weeks in one place, she definatly preferred the branches of a tree.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.