View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 04:25 PM   #3
Valesse
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Valesse has just left Hobbiton.
I'm somewhat comforted by the fact that the Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is already known to be a big fan of the fantasy genre and that he was directly involved in discussing this project with the Tolkien Estate and Trust. I want to believe that he is passionate about these works and will try to use his position to keep things as canon as possible. Sure, it is ultimately about the money in the end, but the Matt Galsor snippet from the Estate and HarperCollins representative gives me hope:

Quote:
"...the team at Amazon Studios have exceptional ideas to bring to the screen previously unexplored stories based on J.R.R. Tolkien’s original writings.”
What gets my eyebrow raised is the fact that the Tolkien Estate was the one that approached Amazon, Netflix, HBO, etc. to begin with. To me this could be either very exciting in that the Estate wants to be involved in the creation of a series or troubling if the case is that the Estate is interested more in the financial gain of the project and would, therefore, be more likely to accept more... well... Tauriels.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/amazon-t...nt-1202207065/