View Single Post
Old 05-10-2007, 06:44 AM   #761
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
There were attempts like that before - unfortunately, I have to disappoint you, no. The events described in the middle part are not just "general", but refer to one specific significant coming of darkness, another significant depart of darkness, another significant return of darkness, not just to changes within some war or whatever, which would, in the way you present it, need to copy the Wars of Beleriand, like "coming, going, coming even near, coming" etc.

One more note: I guess the main fault most people make is not taking in account what was proven to be a wrong way by others. First person posts some answer, saying that X means something. I tell him that X was wrong and meant some other way. The second person takes care about X, but misinterpretates Y. I tell him that Y is meant differently and suggest him to think of it. Then third person comes and thinks about Y correctly, but misinterpretates X again the same way the first person did. I suggest verifying your guesses on what was said here before you post your own answers.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote