View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 12:40 PM   #25
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belegorn View Post
True. You said the same thing I said about Lúthien in an earlier post. I cannot see her having charge of any state. Being effeminate in all honesty is not a good quality in a monarch as we have seen with Alexander of Rome. He let his mother basically control him and the army murdered him.
I wouldn't say that to Galadriel who clearly wasn't called Nerwen for nothing and Idril has leadership qualities. However there are issues for female rulers and they do tend to have to compromise their femininity unless the have the foil of a supportive consort.

However while Galadriel had the potential to be a warrior I dont think her defence of kin at Alqualonde is enough to say she was..it wasn't something she trained for as Elrond would have been. Now I am sure Galadriel as one of the old Noldor of Valinor might have had greater innate power but with weapons you have to rate Elrond, scionof Fingolfin, Turgon, Tuor and Earendil..father of Elladan and Elrohir..ok they might takecafter grannie! Herald of Gilgalad, who according to one accounts actually wrestled Sauron, leader of the task force to Ost in Edhel. Once Glorfindel had returned he may have abstained from combat for the sake of his healing but I bet if he had to...

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote