View Single Post
Old 02-10-2002, 08:47 PM   #156
Glenethor
Wight

Glenethor has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

BTW,<P>I've never gone to see a movie 20 times in my life. The closest was 'Rocky Horror' and I think I saw that 14 times over the course of 4 years or so. Out of all the times I've gone to see FoTR, there have only been a couple of moments where I felt that it wasn't worth my while to go see it. I usually go to matinees, so it is relatively cheap. <P>No, I've never done this before. Not with the 'Star Wars' movies, nor the 'Star Trek' movies. Not 'The Godfather' (my favourite drama until FoTR), not 'The Graduate' (my favourite comedy). FoTR is my favourite movie, and I suspect that it may only be supplanted by TTT and RoTK. As I said, I truly find it sad that there are some people who hate the film. Jackson <I>et al</I> have put their hearts and souls into this project, and the film reflects this love. However, they are artists, and artists have Egos. Hence, the changes. I think that some of the warts of this film make it more appealing. It is by no means a perfect film, but its heart comes through. That means more to me than being technically perfect. As a musician, I find perfectly produced music to be sterile and more of a reflection of the producer and engineers than the musicians themselves. Don't get me started on that.

Dr. Winston O'Boogie
Glenethor is offline   Reply With Quote