View Single Post
Old 10-05-2003, 12:42 PM   #28
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
The Eye

Rosie & Family (Hedgar and Fippi)

Rosie and her husband listened carefully of what was told. Their son didn't seem to be interested in what was going on. It wasn't hard to understand either, he was only eight. Fippi clutched himself to his mother. Rosie had told him to do so, so that she wouldn't loose him in the crowd. Such things happen, son, she had said.

Now and then people around them gave short nods and signs. Some seemed to have a negative attitude about all of this, including her own husband Hedgar, of course. Rosie however, couldn't understand that. But there were others who seemed to have a positive attitude to this as well, something that pleased Rosie.

As the evening came, creeping over them, there was confusion and anger. It was something about the torches.

Suddenly a hobbit fellow, probably in his early four ties with dark blond hair, jumped in front of them. Rosie made a hard grip on Hedgar and her son. He then asked the hobbits next to them if they would help set up some more torches. Hedgar, as the kind man he is, volunteered. Before Hedgar excused himself from his family, Rosie gave a short nod as a sign that he should take care, and that she and Fippi would wait for him on this very spot. Hedgar kissed Rosie's cheek as he left, and clapped his young son on the head. Fippi waved as his father left.

~*~

While Hedgar was gone, putting up some more torches, Rosie and her son started to feel cold. Rosie had forgotten to bring Fippi his warm cloak, and of pure guilt she got them out from the crowd, heading for the Inn. The purpose was to get inside so that they could get a bit of warmth in their cold bodies.

Rosie opened the door, and entered. It was only a couple of people inside, everyone else were still outside in the town Square. They seated in front of the fire, and lifted their hands against it. What a wonderful feeling, Rosie thought.

"How are you feeling now, Fippi?" Rosie asked after they had been sitting there for a couple of minutes. "I'm doing alright now." Fippi answered politely while he smiled.

"So, are you ready to go out again?" Rosie asked him smiling back at him.
"Yes," Fippi answered shortly getting up from his chair.

Rosie got up and took her sons hand. Both of them were now feeling much better as they had gained some of their warmth they had lost while standing outside. As soon as the got to the town Square they found the very same spot, after pushing themselves through the crowd.

[ October 06, 2003: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]